My friend, Lauren and her little boy, Davis were able to come and spend the day with us the Thursday before I had to go back to work. We had a good time chatting and just hanging out together. Davis was fun for me to watch since I'm going to have a little boy his age this time next year. Annie and Davis had a good time playing together. Davis loved Annie. I am glad to see Annie was good around Davis. There's hope for Annie and Tripp to be good playmates in the near future! Tripp had a good time watching Davis play with trucks, balls, and anything else he found like Annie's dog toys. Davis's favorite word of the day was stuck. He found our exercise ball that is as big as he is and would roll it around the house. It would get stuck a lot! Davis would help me entertain Tripp by making the toys shake on Tripp's gymini or "read" him a book. Davis is a sweetheart just like his momma!
Davis thows Annie her ball and Annie catches it.
Tripp (3 months) and Davis (16 months)
Davis and Tripp have a friendly chat. Davis says, "I'm tellin' ya now, you are not allowed to date my sister." Tripp replies, "Woah, I'm not sure I can keep a promise like that!"
Monday was my first day back at work. Will stayed at home with Tripp for three of the days this week (the other two days he got to visit with his grandparents). My students were all happy to see me. Some cute things they said throughout the day..."Mrs. Young, we're all glad you're back." "You look different." "Are you going to bring the baby to see us?" "Can he walk?" “Can he crawl?” "What does he do?" One of the best surprises was a spaghetti dinner with all the sides to take home. My Kindergarten "team" of teachers prepared the meal for us so I could go home and enjoy Tripp and Will instead of cooking. It was great! I have some of the most thoughtful co-workers. That's been true since day one in my teaching career! Will was holding Tripp when I walked into the house after work. I talked to Tripp a little bit and let him see that it was me and that's when he have me the biggest grin along with throwing his hands up and down and kicking his feet. Holding him after not seeing him since the night before was like no other time I've held him. It was just different (in a good way). It made me appreciate it so much more.
The sweetest times for Tripp and I are now happening during his bed time routine. I took over the afternoon and night time activities now that I can’t be with Tripp in the morning hours. I used to love seeing Tripp as he was waking up for that first “breakfast” bottle. He talks to himself, looks/plays with his hands, and then usually gets the hiccups before he’s really awake and ready to get out of bed. Anyway, back to what I was saying…I give Tripp his bath (which he still LOVES), put on his pajamas (and have a little “chat” either before when I’m undressing him or after the bath), feed him his last bottle, and then rock him until he’s either nodding off to sleep or is just plain conked out. I could rock all night just holding my sweet baby. I am so thankful for such a beautiful and healthy baby boy! God truly blessed us with the greatest gift. I don’t even want to think about the day when Tripp does not want to be rocked to sleep any more. (Tear.)


1 comment:
Tripp is a doll...growing so quickly. I know Davis (and his mom) enjoyed the visit.
Post a Comment