John Brody's ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tripp's Birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 19, 2009

10 Months Old


I can hardly believe that he's 10 months old! Tripp is healing well. His Chickenpox are almost all gone. The scabs are coming off more and more each day. We are all thankful to have that behind us. Tripp is discovering new things and loving being more active. I'm not sure that he'll ever crawl. Tripp enjoys holding your hands and taking steps to get around the house touching things as he goes and bouncing whenever he's holding onto your hands and standing up. Tripp's the bouncing baby! He would rather pull up and stand than sit or crawl. Once he's standing he'll play with whatever is in reach! If he can't reach it then he'll either get mad or take a few steps over to get to it. Oh, and if he can't pull up on something he'll get SO mad and frustrated! If I don't let him pull up on the side of the tub while taking a bath he'll get mad and cry then try again after I sit him back down. That could go on throughout his bath time. Talk about a back workout! He's no lightweight!

Tripp loves Puffs for snack and still eats like a champ! My Mr. Piggy still eats 4 times a day (breakfast, lunch, supper, and dinner (the before bed bottle))! He's now eating some Stage 3 dinners at supper time. Boy, he didn't like those at first! Tripp sometimes spit the chunks out or just turned his head when the spoon came his way. Now that we've been eating them for a couple of weeks he knows to mash up the tiny pieces and loves every bite. Tripp can say the /p/ sound. Loves this sound and a few times when Will feeds him Tripp will blow food out making the /p/ sound and it goes all over Will's face and shirt! Tripp thought this was a funny thing. Will had to tell him a firm no several times and Tripp eventually stopped. Let me add, Tripp never did that to me. I think he likes to cut up with Daddy more. Will must be funnier! I guess Daddy makes better sound effects which crack Tripp up! One night at the supper table. Tripp was sitting in his high chair, playing with small toys when Will (for a reason I can't remember) starts making the fake throw up noise. Well, that made Tripp do the deep laugh where his body moves and he's red in the face. Tripp laughing so hard made me die laughing. Good times at the supper table!

His favorite books for our story time in the evenings is That's Not My Tractor and Pajama Time!. Both are board books and so he loves feeling and helping me turn to the next page. Sometimes if I don't turn the page soon enough he'll lean his head a little to the right to see what's on the next page. It's too cute! He enjoys about 10 minutes (sometimes longer) and then he's ready to be active again. I love story time probably more than Tripp because it's a time when he's listening, looking up at me when I use different voices, and sitting in my lap. It's a sweet, special Mommy/Son time.

Another great time of the day is when I come home from work and see Tripp light up with a great big grin. I say "Hey, Tripp!" and he'll get so excited that he'll do his "Hulk Hogan" strained grunt with flexed arms going out and stiff straight legs with pointed toes. You can't help but smile even if your day was horrible.

1 comment:

Marylu said...

treasure every moment. I love you blogs.