John Brody's ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tripp's Birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 27, 2010

18 Month Stats


Tripp's check up with the doctor went well. This was the first doctor's visit that I had to miss. Will took Tripp while I taught 21 kindergartners. Tripp weighed in at 28 pounds (75th percentile) and measured to be 34 inches tall (90th percentile). Developmentally he checked out great. Will said that he could answer "Yes" to all of the questions so Tripp's language skills, motor skills, etc. are all right where they should be at his age. He did have to get two shots but, thankfully, the last until he's 4 and getting ready for school. Yikes, school! No, Tripp will never be old enough for that! Time needs to S-L-O-W down.

OK a story to go along with the boring stats...
Tripp knows our night time routine. One part of it is to brush his teeth. This is something he would opt out of if I let him. He'll squirm, wiggle, close his mouth so tight I can't get the brush into his mouth and thus getting the training toothpaste all over his mouth/face. I'm hoping this gets better because I don't want to have a thousand cavities the first time we see a dentist! So, my trick...tickle him so his mouth opens just enough for my finger tooth brush to go in his mouth. He has two new teeth that have been cutting through his gum for about 3 weeks...lower jaw, on either side of his four front incisors. All the better to crunch things with! Tripp loves to eat anything he can crunch. It's so much fun!

Things we are going to work on this summer since Mommy will be home...
feeding self with a spoon
not drinking an evening bottle (yes, I know, he should have been off of this about 6 months ago)
not getting a sunburn or eaten alive by bugs (since Tripp's favorite place to be is outside)

No comments: