Hey, it's Tripp! I have to tell you about my first time going to see the "ulldogs" play! I had a great time with Mommy, Heidi, and Ricky. Mommy usually leaves me behind on game days but on Saturday, October 1st she decided I could go with her to Athens to watch my first football game. Of course I've seen the dogs play on TV but this was much better! I got to see the players, hear the band, eat a hot dog, Call the Dawgs by saying "ooooooo dogs, woof woof!" and so much more!
The day began by getting up kinda early. Mommy said we had to leave by 9 o'clock so we could get to Athens by 10. We picked up Uncle Ricky and headed to the stadium. Great Mimi gave us a great parking pass so we could park right beside the stadium almost! Right when we got there we got out, put on our jackets, and walked to the Dog Walk. I liked this part because I could see the cheerleaders cheering, the Redcoat Band playing their instruments, and Hairy Dog giving high-fives to the fans. Mommy held me so I could see better and Aunt Heidi took some pictures for me and Mommy. After the Dog Walk, we went to the Bulldog Cafe to get an early lunch of hotdogs, chips, and Sprite. Yummy! We ate outside in the beautiful sunshine and cool fall air. It was a beautiful day on the campus of the University of Georgia! After we ate lunch, we had to walk down a bunch of steps so we could go into Sanford Stadium. That was crazy! There were people everywhere and I held Mommy's hand so I wouldn't get lost! Once we got in I watched from my seat #5, row 24 in section 135. Great Mimi gave me my ticket and boy did I thank her! I met all the people that Mommy, Heidi, Nana, and Great Mimi have been sitting with for the past 15 or so years. They all gave me complements on being so well behaved. Mommy gave me a "shaker" and I liked shaking it. I also liked clapping when all the other fans clapped. As we watched the pregame show and then into the football game I got high-fives from all my "new friends" (as I like to call them) when the dogs would score or do something good. When I wasn't cheering I enjoyed sipping on a Coke that Mommy bought for us to share. I hardly ever get to drink Coke so that was a real treat! The Redcoat Band's halftime show was great! After that I started to get tired so I read a few books with Aunt Heidi and played with my bug car on the empty seat behind Mommy but in front of Aunt Heidi and Great Uncle Ricky. By the end of the third quarter I was ready for my nap, after all it was 2 o'clock my usually nap time! I curled up in Mommy's lap as she watched the game. We left with a few minutes to go on the game clock because it takes me a while to walk the stairs and that's better to do without everyone else walking with us. On the ride home I snoozed in my red Dawgs car seat. It was a great day but I could tell that Mommy and Aunt Heidi were a little sad. I saw tears roll down their cheeks a few times during the day. Mommy told me it's because they miss Nana being with them to watch the games. Nana always loved to be with family, watch the Bulldogs play, and see me in red and black. I'm sure she was watching us have fun from Heaven. Just for her, I wore my Georgia t-shirt to the game that she gave me last year!
Oh, I almost forgot to tell you...our "ulldogs" won! They beat Mississippi State 24-10!


1 comment:
Such a cute story and adorable photos of this fun first for Tripp! I guess now the question is when will his 1st Tech game going to be? I'd love to know how you won the arguement of which game he would see 1st :)
Post a Comment