John Brody's ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tripp's Birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas 2008


Tripp's First Christmas

Will, Tripp, and I had a wonderful Christmas! We did our usual house hopping on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I know I've complained about that but in actuality I am thankful that we are able to do it and can see all of our family for Christmas. Tripp was able to see all his grandparents and some of his great-grandparents on both days. We'll probably do it all again next year if God blesses us with the opportunity.

Our Christmas Eve started out at Will's parents home where we ate a delicious traditional dinner with turkey, dressing, and all the sides. Will's mom did a great job cooking it all for us to enjoy. At the table we dined and enjoyed conversation with Will's sister and brother-in-law, niece, nephew, his parents, and grandparents. Good thing it's a very large dinning room table! Tripp slept through our meal. He had eaten before leaving our house. After we ate we opened gifts. Samantha and Blaise played with some of their gifts they had just opened. Tripp got a "Lamby" from Mimi and Pops. This lamb is a lovie that he can sleep with as he grows up. It has his name on it too so he won't lose it or get it confused with any of his cousins' lambs. Mimi and Pops gives a lamb to each grandchild after they are born.



We left there to go to the Christmas Eve Candlelight Service. It was Tripp's first time to go to church and he slept through half of it. Tripp woke up for the last half to stare at the shadows made by the candlelight on the walls and ceiling. After the service he got to meet A LOT of new people who were very excited to see him! Will and I enjoyed talking to friends and seeing all our loving church family.



We got back in the car and went to my parents' home to enjoy scrumptious, homemade potato soup and ham sandwiches made by my momma. So Will and I could both eat at the table Papa John (my daddy) ate before us and held Tripp as we ate. After dining with my parents, sister, and grandmother it was time to open gifts. Nana and Papa John gave us lots of great things! Annie loved her gift the most!!! She got a furry, stuffed duck that quacked. She hasn't let that duck out of her sight since we gave it to her! She's crazy about that thing! She lays with it, plays with it, and wants us to throw it to her all the time. I didn't know that she would or could love something SO much!!! It's too cute and makes Will and I laugh.



Back in the car to go home... to our surprise Tripp had a gift for us...
Tripp slept all night! He slept for 10 hours! Wow! Will and I kept thinking that he would wake up any minute once the clock read midnight because he had already been sleeping for 4 hours. That was his usual stretch. We kept waking up to check on him and he was sacked out each time we checked. What a sweet baby boy we have!



Since Will and I were awake in the wee hours of Christmas morning we exchanged gifts with each other by the tree. We knew that from now on our gifts to each other were going to lose their luster because we looked forward to Tripp opening all of his gifts so much more.

Will and I woke up on Christmas morning for Tripp to see what Santa left in his stocking and then get ready and go to Will's grandparents home for another traditional Christmas dinner including turkey, dressing, gravy, ham, whipped potatoes, corn, etc. One thing's for sure...Will and I ate VERY well for two days!!! There we enjoyed the company of Will's grandparents, parents, uncle Gary, Dee Dee, and two cousins (Phillip and Garrett). We exchanged gifts and Santa (aka Grandma) gave us a few extra things.

After visiting at Grandma and Grandaddy's we left to visit with my family including my Uncle Ricky in Loganville. So we hit the road again and finally got back home in the late evening hours of Christmas day. We were worn out! Tripp again slept all night! He was a trooper! I'm sure he enjoyed sleeping in the arms of his grandfathers on Christmas Day. Thanks Pops and Papa John! Tripp loves you!

No comments: