John Brody's ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tripp's Birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Six Months Old


Tripp is now six months old. I can hardly believe how fast time is going by. Will and I are enjoying this stage of Tripp's life. He's so much fun to play with now. Tripp's big milestone is that he can sit up all by himself (until he gets too excited and stretches his legs out in front of him, kicking himself backwards). The picture above is of the first day he could sit up all alone for a long period of time (May 12, 2009...a few days before he turned 6 months old).

He loves Annie! She cracks him up with laughter just by doing normal dog things like running, eating, sniffing, etc. He grabs things to play with them. He's even reaching for Annie. Annie doesn't mind Tripp's little fingers feeling all over her head.

His favorite toys right now are rattles and links. Sometimes he'll fall asleep holding on to them. He loves toys that he can hold and study and use to make noise. He also loves to laugh at his daddy! Will makes funny noises and shakes his head side to side. Tripp likes to "talk" and make baby noises. Sometimes I can hear him say "Hi" and the b sound or the g sound. He also LOVES to make bubbles with his "sugar" aka drool. If you hold his toes up close to his face, shake 'em and say, "Look at your toes." he'll chuckle. Don't know why toes are so funny but they are!

Tripp is still a good eater. I guess you can tell from his pictures that he doesn't skip any meals! His daily menu goes something like this...breakfast: 5 teaspoons of oatmeal mixed with one ounce of formula followed by a 7 ounce bottle of formula, lunch: (depends on who's feeding him) oatmeal and formula or one veggie and an 8 ounce bottle of formula, supper: one veggie, one fruit, and a 4 ounce bottle of formula, dinner: 5 teaspoons of oatmeal mixed into an 8 ounce bottle of formula. Tripp eats most of that. Sometimes he could not want to eat it all. It depends on how active he is during the day. He still likes to nap a couple of times a day. Those are usually good long naps (up to two hours or so for each nap...unless he sleeps in until 9:30, like he's been doing this week, then he only takes an afternoon nap once he's eaten lunch). We haven't taken him to the doctor for his 6 month check up because I wanted to go with him so we had to wait until I was out on summer break. We will go on June 8th. I'll post his stats then. I can hardly wait to see how much he's grown!

Happy Memorial Day Weekend! Four more days of this school year with my students! Woo hoo!

No comments: