We recently went to visit my friend, Lauren and her two children, Davis (2 years) and Haley(8 months). Tripp had a ball playing with Davis and seeing Haley. Here are a couple pictures from our time with them.
Saturday, March 6, 2010
15 Months Old
Will and I took Tripp for his 15 month well check with the pediatrician on Feb. 25th. He checked out great and is growing as he should. He weighed 26 pounds 7 ounces and was 32 inches tall. So that means he's in the 75th percentile. Tripp's still bigger than the average child his age. He got three shots even with the bad cold he was fighting at the time. He was a trooper after his shots even with a nose that was constantly dripping gross, green snot and sinuses so congested at night he could hardly breathe, let alone sleep. It took about a week for the cold to go away but it has and now all Tripp wants to do is go outside and play or watch birds or play with his friend Lane or point at trees as he says, "Duh". He points at stuff all the time now! Most of the time I'm not sure what he's looking at for me to tell him what it is. Usually I just tell him everything I see in that direction. He still loves to read books and says the word book as he brings you one to read to him. He got a new peek-a-boo type book from his great-grandparents (Will's grandparents) that he wants to read at least 3 to 5 times a day. It has touch and feel parts and all books like that are winners to him! Will and I are convinced that he's trying to say Annie but the An is not there it just sounds like knee. When he thinks somethings delicious that he's eating he'll hold his head up high with his chin pointed out, lips together as he says, "Mmmmmmmm," We're giving him more and more table food these days. Some of his new favorites are chicken nuggets from Chick-fil-a, pizza, and spaghetti. He usually will have a snack when I get home from work. He'll go to either the cabinet where his food is kept in the kitchen or the pantry door then look up and point all while saying, "Buh" with a rise in the pitch of it. As soon as I open the door he does his hulk fists with elbows bent, teeth clinched, and a little shaking action to show his excitement. If it's a snack from the pantry then he'll bend down to pick up the huge jumbo box of goldfish and hand it to me to open. After snack time I usually go change clothes so Will and I can exercise before dinner. If Tripp is playing and looses track of where I am then I'll hear, "Mama, Mama" until I answer with "I'm in here." and he walks to where I am just to see me and smile. LOVE it! He's also moving faster these days. Walking is no longer fast enough in some cases. He'll crank it up to a run which scares me. I don't like to see him fall. He's getting better at walking around outside too. Just a month ago he was scared to walk in the grass...so much for that phobia! He'll step up to go over the door's threshold which he didn't do a month ago either. He still needs to learn to watch where he's going inside so he doesn't trip over toys, Annie's leg, Will's foot, etc. He's learning...maybe next month.
Tripp loves to dip his face into the stream of water or into the tub while holding his breath. Bathtime is still lots of fun! Below you see a bubble faced Tripp after putting his face into the water. His cheeks are chapped from rubbing a snotty nose all week. 
We recently went to visit my friend, Lauren and her two children, Davis (2 years) and Haley(8 months). Tripp had a ball playing with Davis and seeing Haley. Here are a couple pictures from our time with them.
We recently went to visit my friend, Lauren and her two children, Davis (2 years) and Haley(8 months). Tripp had a ball playing with Davis and seeing Haley. Here are a couple pictures from our time with them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
too cute! They are growing up so quickly.
He is moving right along! Your friends 8 month old has more hair than K had at 18months! Glad to hear you all are doing well- how is teaching?
Post a Comment