John Brody's ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tripp's Birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 26, 2010

2 Years Old

Yes, again, this post is late. I was wanting to do this after his 2 year well check with the doctor but that just didn't happen. Tripp's 2 year check up went well. He is doing everything he should developmentally and the only shot he got was a Flu shot. I wasn't able to go due to working but Will was there to see Tripp weighed in on the "stand up" scale for the first time. Tripp weighed 31 pounds and 8 ounces. He was 36 1/2 inches tall. He's around the 90th percentile for both measures.

What's Tripp up to now that he's two?
His favorite game to play is "hide-n-go seek." It goes something like this... Tripp starts counting "two, two, two, two, two" and putting his head close to a piece of furniture while Will or I hide. He finds us and squeals with laughter and delight! (It's SO MUCH FUN for all of us!)
He says new words daily and tries to repeat what we say.
When I come home from work I hear, "Mama home!" and get a great big hug.
Tripp still enjoys books being read to him. Some of his favorites right now are Bad Dog, Marley and stories from his Biscuit anthology.
Tripp will point to pictures and tell me what's happening or what he sees.
He loves all things sweet to eat but will still eat fruits, veggies, and "meat". Pizza is still a favorite! He's addicted to Chick-fil-a nuggets. We were in Covington the other day. We told him we were on the way to eat. When he saw Chick-fil-a he said, "Dare it is!" and pointed.
Sometimes he'll sing or talk himself to sleep but sleeps for about 11 hours. Bedtime being around 8pm.
When I put him to bed or tell him it's time for bed he says "dink" because he's wanting to stall bedtime and wants a drink of water.
Tripp still enjoys his 2 hour naps in the afternoon after lunch.
He'll say "bat" sometime after supper because he's ready for his bath and knows the routine of the evening. He'll even start to take off his shirt and have one arm out with one arm in and say "bat."

Some pictures from late November...
Riding my new tractor is fun!

Tripp loved the cat and kittens at Big Mama's farm.

Tripp's having fun on the steps at Big Mama's farm Thanksgiving Day.

We only wear the colors of the winning team. Mommy and Tripp before the UGA vs. GT football game. "Go dog!" says Tripp.

2 comments:

Marylu said...

Tripp is so cute! He's growing up in a hurry. I love your blog.

Laura Young said...

He really is so adorable! I love the tractor :)