John Brody's ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tripp's Birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Snow/Ice Week

We have had a wonderful week! Our snow/ice week has been a fun and productive one. Since I didn't work all week I was able to get a lot of time with Tripp and Will. I also got time to spend cleaning, organizing our home, writing in Tripp's baby book, organizing photo albums, uploading pictures to Shutterfly, making photo books, etc. I think Tripp enjoyed me being at home because I sure enjoyed being with him! We had lots of fun coloring, building towers with Mega Blocks, baking Brownies, playing "choo choos", playing with trucks, making pizza, riding the tricycle (inside of course), reading books by the fire, roasting marshmallows (which, come to find out, Tripp doesn't care for), playing hide-n-go seek, watching "Miss Spider's Sunny Patch Friends" and "Dino Dan" on TV, and playing in the snow/ice a little bit.

Tripp wasn't a big fan of the snow/ice since he couldn't even stand up in/on the stuff! Will tried to hold his hands and walk with him but Tripp still didn't like it because every time he took a step he'd slip. I guess Tripp was thinking...I just got used to walking and being stable now I'm back to feeling like I felt only a year ago...no thanks! Tripp didn't like to see me or Will walk on the ice either. He saw me and Will slide around and started crying. Tripp did like riding the four wheeler with Will and standing just inside the garage but close to the snow/ice. He would stand on the dry concrete and let Will make snow/ice balls for Tripp to throw to Annie. Tripp liked seeing Annie try to catch the ice balls because they'd bust all over her face when she bit down. He thought that was hilarious! He also liked when Will kicked a little snow/ice at him. For some reason that was fun, too! I guess when you have on two pair of pants, a sweater, a big coat, mittens, and a hat it's OK to get snowed on. We only played in the snow/ice one afternoon because it was SOOOOO cold and ice isn't really that much fun to play in...too slippery and no hill or sled either to make things fun.

It's going to be strange going to work on Tuesday considering I've only seen by students three days in January and here we are in the middle of the month! I'm anxiously waiting to hear what we will do about makeup days. I don't ever remember being out this long from school even as a child! Crazy...anyway, here are a few pictures of our time this week...

coloring
making pizza
standing where I won't slip and fall
riding with Daddy
trying not to cry for this picture with Mommy

No comments: