We have a nightly bedtime routine and part of that routine is saying prayers. Last night this is how prayer time went...
Mommy: Who do you want to pray for tonight?
Tripp: Heidi.
Mommy: Thank you God for Heidi. Give her rest and a good day tomorrow.
Tripp: Nana.
Mommy: Thank you God for Nana. We miss her.
Tripp: Nana sweep.
Mommy: Yes, Nana is asleep.
Tripp: Ake up?
Mommy: No, Nana will not wake up. She didn't get better.
Tripp: Nana dead.
Mommy: Yes, Nana is in heaven with Jesus and Papa John. Nana loves you!
Tripp: OK.
Then Tripp got comfortable and said, "Nite nite." I couldn't say another word because I was trying to hold back a rush of tears. I covered him with a blanket and left his room. As soon as I closed the door I let the tears flow. We all miss Nana...Mama...Debbie so very much! My heart aches because I miss the relationship we had and the relationship that was forming between her and Tripp. Mama loved being a grandmother so very much! I can hear her now..."sweetest baby in the world right here!" as she hugged and held him tight.
It's been one month since Mama went on to heaven. I still, like Tripp, want Nana to wake up or at least for me to wake up from this horrible nightmare. God is giving me strength daily.


2 comments:
Oh my goodness, Tiffany. My heart just breaks reading this. I pray for strength for you and your family. The new pics on the right side of your page are just precious. What a sweet boy you have there.
Oh Tiffany. I have tears streaming down my face. I cannot imagine what this is like and how difficult it must be. Praying for you.
Post a Comment