John Brody's ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tripp's Birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Gestational Diabetes

I officially have gestational diabetes. I went for the long three hour glucose test on April 16 after failing my first glucose test over Spring Break. Test results showed high numbers. Yesterday, Will and I went to Atlanta Fetal Medicine to get started with a specialist, new diet, and more information on what we have to do in order to get this condition under control. Two hours later we left with a prescription for a blood sugar testing kit and a packet of information on the condition and what to eat. Now Will and I are planning out my meals and counting grams of carbs for my three small meals and three snacks a day. I'll go back to the specialist on Thursday of next week, May 3rd, with my chart of blood sugar readings. I'm really hoping that my diabetes can be controlled through diet and light exercise.

On another note, my grandmother, Mimi, took a bad fall in her home last night breaking her wrist of her good, right wrist and her right leg, femur, near the hip. She now faces surgery in a day or so.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: