John Brody's ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tripp's Birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Baby Babble

In recent days Tripp has been doing a lot more "talking". When Tripp hit the 7 month mark he learned that his tongue was there for making sounds (letter sounds for talking, clicking sounds, smacking sounds, all sorts of sounds). His baby babble includes the /d/ sound sometimes followed by the short a sound or short i sound, the /j/ sound, the /b/ sound sometimes followed my the short u sound. So, Tripp will now chant "da da" which makes Will happy. The m sound is just not there yet. I don't think Tripp really knows what he's saying when he says "da da" but who knows. Will and I like to talk to him a lot and see if he will repeat what we say when we make simple sounds like single letters followed by a vowel sound. Sometimes Tripp can actually repeat the sounds we make. It's so awesome to watch Tripp learn new things all the time. I talk to him a lot while I'm working or doing things around the house because usually he's right there with me or in close proximity to me. I'm thinking the more I tell him the more he'll learn. For instance, when I was cleaning up the dishes tonight Tripp was sitting in the Bumbo seat and watching me so I talked to him and gave him the "play by play" of what I was doing. I told him all about the silverware, plates, dishwasher (what it does), etc. He looks at me and will listen then babble a few things to me. Other times he'll just look at me when I'm talking and not say anything back. He just soaks it in. Tripp loves to listen to books being read aloud to him. The other day I was visiting with my parents for a little while and my mom (Nana) read Corduroy to him. He'll listen, look at the illustrations, and look at Nana to see who's doing the reading. Will and I are curious about when Tripp will actually say a word and understand what he's saying. Only time will tell. For now we'll be entertained by Tripp's baby babble.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Awwwwww!! Love those precious baby babbles!! Soon he'll be talking and talking! Lawson has one spot when we're driving that he says something and he repeats it over and over...we have NO idea what he's saying but I'm sure one day it'll be clear as day and we'll be like "oh, that's what you were saying several months ago!". So fun!!

Corduroy is a wonderful book too~!!