John Brody's ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tripp's Birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

July's Check Up

Will and I went to the doctor for my monthly check up late this afternoon. I did the usual stuff. Then the nurse told me I needed to drink the orange drink so she could take my blood an hour later for the Glucose Tolerance Test. That stuff tasted like orange soda with an after taste and MAN DID IT GIVE ME HEARTBURN! While we were waiting for the hour to pass we met with the doctor, listened to Tripp's heartbeat, and got to see him via ultrasound. He's still a boy! Ha, ha, ha. Tripp was REALLY active (due to the orange drink, I'm guessing). The nurse had a difficult time getting pictures of him because he was moving so much! He really hasn't stopped moving since. It probably didn't help that I had pancakes with syrup at IHOP for supper after the appointment. :-) When we were looking at Tripp on the monitor we saw that he's definitely growing and the nurse said he was approximately 3 pounds now. I hope so because I've gained weight too! I am hoping it's not all me! I guess I had a little too much delicious Bruster's ice cream cake for my birthday (and the days after because we didn't eat it all the night of my birthday). Another good visit! Woo hoo!

3 comments:

Nicole Roberts said...

yay, for another good appointment! did you get the results of your glucose test yet?

Jessica, JB & Ryleigh said...

Yea!!! Glad to see your 'moving along' good! Let us know the results of the blood sugar test!

Anonymous said...

I know about that nasty glucose test!! It made me all lightheaded from the sugar rush! Glad to see that all is well!