
Will and I enjoyed our vacation to St. Augustine Beach. We were lucky that my parents and Heidi were able to join us from the middle of the week until (today)Saturday. They had planned our family vacation a year in advance and paid for the condo in full but because of Daddy's health they could only make it for part of the week. It was a difficult trip for them to make but I am thankful they did. I really enjoyed the family time we had together. I'm hoping that next year Daddy will be able to leave the condo to go to the beach, enjoy the sun with us, and eat delicious St. Augustine shrimp. Please keep praying with me for my daddy...strength, God's healing touch, and the desire to drink and eat. Chemo does a real number on your body!
Will and I were able to take long walks on the beach at sunset. It was a great time to talk and dream together about Tripp and future summers at the beach. I want to take him to many of the places I went as a child while on vacation with my grandparents, parents, sister, aunt, uncle, and cousins. I'll have to take him to the Alligator Farm and Marineland. I bet they are still feeding those alligators chickens! If you went to the Alligator Farm in the 80's you might know what I'm talking about. Will and I were already thinking of ALL the baby gear we would be packing next year. Wow! From what we were seeing on the beach and around Ocean Gallery we're going to have to take the truck (bad gas mileage or what)! I'm looking forward to seeing Tripp in the waves and feeling the sand with his little fingers and toes.
We got home today and listened to the answering machine to find out that all the baby bedding that I ordered has arrived at New Baby Products. You can bet I'll be up in Snellville on Monday! I can hardly wait to get it into Tripp's room even though there's no furniture yet. Will can see the fabric and we can finally buy the paint so he can get started on the walls. Will wants to get the painting finished before the furniture arrives. Easier that way! A room that's empty is easier to work in than a room that's full of baby stuff.


1 comment:
glad you had a wonderful beach trip! So excited that your bedding arrived. You'll have to put up pics :) Talk soon.
Post a Comment