John Brody's ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tripp's Birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, September 15, 2008

First Baby Shower


A diaper cake made by Lauren.

Good food, good friends, and good times...pretty much sums up the baby shower that my long time college friends, Danelle and Lauren, hosted for me on Saturday, Sept. 13th. Lauren's mom graciously let us have the shower in her home. I enjoyed the time we had sitting around chatting because it's rare that I am able to see the friends who were able to be there. We all have such busy lives and I live in the boonies compared to most of them. Danelle and Lauren prepared a delicious meal which we ate buffet style from Lauren's mom's dining room table. The menu included chicken salad sandwiches, cucumber salad sandwiches, fresh fruit, tossed spinach salad with sliced strawberries and slivered almonds in a vinaigrette dressing, cheese and crackers, raspberry lemonade, and chocolate eclairs for dessert. Yum, yum! After we ate lunch it was time to guess the circumference of Tiffany! Everyone used the crate paper streamer roll to tear off how big around they thought I was. My friend Bethany tore off the perfect amount! Heidi came in a very close second. Bethany won a Vera Bradley cloth covered notepad. Perfect for a teacher, right Bethany! After the game I opened all the great gifts everyone brought for Tripp. I have some very generous friends and family! Tripp got clothes, blankets, bottles, bowls, spoons, caps, bibs, bath towels, washcloths, a bear that sings, a diaper bag, a mobile, a diaper stacker, a hand made UGA quilt with Ga Tech backing, a handmade/crocheted blanket, toys, monogrammed bag, and monogrammed burp cloths. Wow! Now I'm having a good time putting it all away! Thank you to everyone who took your Saturday to celebrate with me the upcoming birth of Tripp and to shower me with gifts so Will and I will be ready for his arrival! A special thank you goes to Lauren and Danelle who made my first baby shower a relaxed and fun event!


Lauren, me, and Danelle

3 comments:

Allison said...

You looked great!! Your friends are all super sweet!!! It was so nice talking to you about babies and meet your old friends. I wish we lived closer to you too!!

Lauren said...

It was so much fun! Can't wait to meet Tripp :)

Marylu said...

The shower was a great opportunity to see you, your mom, sister, and friends. We had a great time. We can't wait to meet Tripp. In the meantime, you look great!
Marylu odom