John Brody's ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tripp's Birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, March 16, 2009

Four Month Stats


Will and I took Tripp to his four month check up with the pediatrician. Tripp weighs 16 lbs. and 10.5 ounces. He measured 26 inches long. Those measurements put him in the 80th percentile in both categories. His head measured into the 85th percentile. So, based on his good growth and the fact that he's scarfing down 32 ounces of formula every day the pediatrician said that we should start feeding Tripp some rice and/or oatmeal cereal once a day. Once he's used to that and is getting the hang of eating from a spoon we're going to start with Gerber 1st food veggies. Yum! Developmentally Tripp is right on target as well. He listened intently to the doctor as she explained eating changes and then "performed" well when she examined him doing all that lifting head, sitting up while assisted, looking at hands, bringing hands together, standing stuff the doctors look for at this stage of life. Then at the end he got three shots and drank one vaccine. Wow my son as a set of lungs! He let us know that it hurt to get shots! I gave him Tylenol before going to the doctor's office and then gave him some more after his lunchtime bottle when I could tell he was starting to hurt again. He actually slept while Will and I got Chick-fil-a, went to the bank, and all the way home. I guess it was his morning nap time...shots or no shots he wanted some rest! Tripp is now napping again giving me the chance to type and Will a chance to put together the excercauser. Tripp will love sitting in it to look at the lights and toys all around him. We'll try it out after nap time!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Sounds like a healthy big BOY! Love it! Foods are so fun :)