John Brody's ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tripp's Birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Fall Break

It was a needed week off from work! I was able to rest and get things organized for Tripp to come home. Will and I were also able to get professional portraits made by and old friend, Mandi Jones. At the end of the week I took in another UGA football game with my family in Sanford Stadium. The final event before returning to work was a baby shower. Yes, another baby shower but this time the guest list included Will's family and his family's friends.


Portraits by Mandi Danielle Photography

Will and I had the first professional pictures taken of us since our wedding on October 7th. I wanted maternity portraits and Will agreed to be in a few of the pictures. The photographer, Mandi Jones, is an old friend of mine. She and I first met in the halls of Rock Chapel Elementary School as we both pitter pattered into our Kindergarten class. Later we ended up going to George Walton Academy together. We took pictures in Ole Town Conyers for our outdoor pictures and then went to Mandi's studio. We had wonderful weather and our pictures turned out great! Now, I'm trying to decide which ones I like best so I can order them. Decisions, decisions!

Momma and Daddy came down to our house to help me put Tripp's things away, get organized, and pack my bag for the hospital. It was great to have someone to help me take tags off of the gifts we have gotten and someone to help me hang clothes in the closet. Not only did they come and help me but they brought supper too! I am blessed with super parents! Momma has been back since that day to help me again because I had two more showers after that day. Linda, Will's mom, came over with her and helped that night. Will and I are so blessed to have parents who live close by and are willing and able to help us when we need them!

On Sunday, October 12th I was given a baby shower by three of Linda's friends, Debbie Lackey, Renia Watson, and Mary Brown. It was a luncheon and in attendance were many family members of the the Young's and close friends of the family. We had a lovely time socializing with one another, eating, and of coarse opening gifts. We dined on a delicious buffet of chicken casserole, fresh fruit, Caesar salad, rolls, and petite four cakes. Once again I was blown away by the generosity of my guests! We got so many wonderful and needed things from a car seat to clothes to diapers to an exersaucer to a silver cup. Thanks ladies for a wonderful afternoon that will always be remembered.


Linda, Renia, me, Debbie, Mary


One of our gifts...an oil painting by Will's aunt Vera

2 comments:

Allison said...

Wow you guys ought to have everything ready for him to come!!! Your pictures are GORGEOUS!!! You look wonderful! Only a few more weeks...

Jessica, JB & Ryleigh said...

Absolutely beautiful maternity photos.

I know you are getting excited!