John Brody's ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tripp's Birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, October 10, 2008

A Weekend Filled With Showers

The weekend of October 4th and 5th was filled with baby showers. My sister, Heidi, hosted a shower for our family and long time friends of our family. It took place at my grandmother's pavilion. We had a good time eating, chatting, playing games, and opening gifts. The menu included shrimp cocktail, sandwich roll ups, an eatable arrangement of fruit, baby themed mints, petite four cakes, mixed nuts, and lime sherbet punch. Deeeelicious!!! After we ate we played a few games. We had to unscramble words that had to do with babies. We found words in a wordsearch that had to do with babies. All the guests guessed my circumference. We also estimated how many M&Ms fit into a bottle. There were some good prizes and I actually won one of the games! I had the closest guess to the correct number of M&Ms so I won a Vera Bradley wallet! I opened gifts after playing games. Wow! Again I was blown away by the generosity of my guests! I got lots of things that Will and I needed for Tripp. I am extreamly blessed to have such a wonderful family. Thank you Heidi (and from what I gather, Momma, for a some help) for throwing such a wonderful and fun party!






On October 5th two of my friends and former collegues from Fairview threw me a baby shower. Amber and Michele did a outdoor/woods themed shower. We had a good time catching up with each other for those who came. Many of the guests that were able to come were friends/coworkers from our Fairview First Grade Team from past years. We munched on delicious food which included pinwheel sandwiches, chips and Mexican bean dip, raw veggies w/dip, paw print mints, mixed nuts, cheese straws, and a delicious cake that had a cute bear welcoming Tripp. I got many useful gifts from my Fairview friends. The gifts were things like Dreft detergent, a formula dispenser, pacifiers, clothes, hooded towels, blankets that I registered for, a gift certificate for a professional photographer sitting and an 8x10 portrait, and much more! Amber and Michele are great friends whom I miss a great deal since we are not working together any more. I have to thank them for their hard work on a nice, relaxed baby shower.



2 comments:

Nicole Roberts said...

You are racking up on your showers!

Laura Young said...

Aww ... I miss that I wasn't there to see them all and you. It's hard being so far away sometimes! I can't wait to meet Tripp when he arrives!