Our check up with the doctor yesterday was another good and boring one. Woo hoo! We did all the routine things. We listened to the heartbeat which was a strong one. I was measured. We gave Dr. Levitt our birth plan for labor, delivery, and post partum. He asked if we had any questions. Will and I asked when to make "the call". He told us not to call him unless I'm in a pool of fluids, bleeding like I've gotten my period, having contractions that are 5 minutes apart for one hour, or I haven't felt Tripp move in an 8 hour time span. Now we know. After we left the doctor's office Will and I walked next door to the hospital to pre-admit. I wanted to go ahead and fill out all the paperwork now so we don't have to worry about that when we arrive in a couple of weeks.
I'm doing well, working every day like normal, and getting things ready at school for the long term substitute. We are ready on the home front for Tripp. The changing table is stocked and ready, everything has been washed, and the bag is packed! Will is hunting his heart out because he knows his days to do that are numbered. This is his favorite time of the year and is looking forward to taking Tripp with him in the coming years. He calls to check on me when he's gone to Madison (a.k.a. "Deer Land") and tells me to call him anytime if I need him. I'm thankful cell phones work there. Will's glad they do too! Without cell phones there would be no leaving this close to the due date. (something Will and I both agree on)
We went to an informative and somewhat helpful birthing class at Newton Medical Center on Monday night. We chose to take the class there instead of Emory Eastside due to the fact that we didn't want to drive to Snellville. There was good info learned and some that we already knew. I'm glad we went so at least I learned a breathing technique and a relaxation technique to two to try during labor.


2 comments:
Congrats on the boring visit!
JB just shot a deer in Madison last week. He was excited ;)
Good for going to ONE class!! We had FOUR.....which ended up being FOUR too many with a scheduled c-section. Oh well, glad you learned something though!!
Post a Comment