John Brody's ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tripp's Birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, January 30, 2009

Our Week

Well, looks like those long sleeps of 12 hours are a thing of the past. This week Tripp decided to get up in the wee hours of the morning. He thinks 3 or 5 am are good times for breakfast. Not! He sleeps for a good 6 hours now at night. He's also increased how much he's eating from 6 oz. to 7 or 8. We're still using the liquid formula because his little body seems to like it better...less spit up. Mylicon is our friend too! Tripp can get very gassy.

Now I'll tell you about the things that happened this week.
Sunday...
Joanie and Lane came to visit. It was great chatting with Joanie. Lane (10 months old) just looked and looked at Tripp. Then he touched him and went back to his juice and puffs snack. Tripp's not too much fun for him right now. They are going to be good friends when they get a little older. This summer is going to be a lot of fun! You see Tommy, Joanie, and Lane live next door and we enjoy hanging out together so it's perfect that we both had sons. Will and Tommy hunt together and look forward to taking the boys with them in a few years.

Monday...
A day at home... It was a day full of household chores and the regular taking care of Tripp. Good quality time together. I'm trying to enjoy every minute since I'll be going back to work in a few weeks.

Tuesday...
I needed to get out of the house so we went to the Covington Square. Will got his hair cut at the barber shop and Tripp took a ride in the stroller while I shopped. I got some great things at the Teacher's Toolbox at a good price. I was sad when I saw that they are closing the store.

While we were getting ready to go to the Square Tripp was sitting in what we call his "easy chair" (It's a baby seat that vibrates, plays music, and has four reclining positions.) and I slid it from the living room to my bathroom so I could get ready to go. Well he LOVED the ride! Once we got to the bathroom I noticed that the toy arch wasn't attached and I said, "Your toys aren't on your chair. I forgot your toys!" in a really high pitched and fast voice. Tripp cracked up laughing. He was laughing so hard that I started laughing at him and Will was laughing at us both! Such a fun, sweet family moment that turned out to be!

Later I went out to dinner with Heidi (my sister) while Tripp and Will stayed at home. It was great to see Heidi during the week. We had a delicious meal and she treated! Thanks Heidi! I fed Tripp and put him to bed before I left. When I got home I was expecting him to have had a bath and his last bottle before the actual bedtime but no...Tripp hadn't woken up. He napped the whole time I was gone. Will had it easy!

Wednesday...
My doctor's check up. At my 6 week post delivery appointment I had high blood pressure so the doc said I needed to come back in a month to check on that again. So, we did and all was good. I was back to my normal 120 something over 70 instead of some big number over 90. 90 must be really bad because the nurse just kept telling the doc 90. Anyway, before I went to my appointment Will and I dropped Tripp off with my parents and we went to "lupper" (lunch/supper) and did some shopping. It was my first time to shop for Tripp since his birth. I love buying clothes for him. It's so much fun! I hadn't needed to buy him any clothes yet due to all the great shower gifts.

Thursday...
Tripp and I went to the school where I work so I could sign my letter of intent. The office staff oohed and ahhhed over him. My parapro came up the office to see Tripp and when she was talking to him he smiled and cooed. Well, that just made everyone melt! I also got to see a friend, Nicole, before I left. She got to meet Tripp and we only got to talk for a few minutes because Tripp was strapped in his seat. Once he's in the car seat you only have a few minutes before he's ready to ride!

Friday...
Today Tripp and I are at home while Will goes to a meeting. Not sure what we'll do for the rest of the day but it will mostly consist of eating, napping, playing in the bouncy seat/gymini/swing, and talking. Tripp and I might even watch a cartoon. He likes to see Oswold or Miss Spider on the Noggin channel. He loves the big shapes and bright and drastic colors on those shows. Who knows we might even go out to eat!

1 comment:

Jessica, JB & Ryleigh said...

I loved those last few weeks of maternity leave. I went back to school right after spring break so it was down hill from there :)

Ryleigh was sleeping good and we would roam! Such fun!