John Brody's ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tripp's Birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, January 9, 2009

Coo, smile, & out to eat


Tripp on the changing table smiling and cooing. (6 weeks old) My new favorite picture!

Will and I really enjoy talking to Tripp these days. He's becoming more and more fun to play with. Now that he's staying awake longer during the days he likes to be talked to and most of the time he'll talk back to us in his cooing way. He'll get really excited and start kicking his legs and moving his arms. It makes my heart melt to hear his voice. Tripp and I talk and play while he's on the changing table most of the time or when he's lying on his foam bear mat ready to get into the tub. Sometimes Tripp will sit in Will's lap. Will will put his face close to Tripp's and make a noise. Tripp studies Will's mouth and then will repeat the noise. Tripp also likes to play on his Gymini. If Will or I am pulling and shaking the hanging animals he'll get excited and start kicking and making noise. Will and I have tried to get this on video but every time I get the camera Tripp stops. I'm thinking he's camera shy. Oh no!

Tripp playing on his gymini at 6 weeks old.

Last night Will and I took Tripp out to eat for the first time. I didn't want to cook and Will and I were hungry late in the afternoon so we thought we could pull off going somewhere with Tripp. We ate at Amici's in Covington. There were only a few customers in the restaurant which made us feel better about bringing a baby with us. Tripp had just eaten so he was pretty content. Tripp did a really good job! He only cried out once and it wasn't even loud. I entertained him with his laughing, hanging elephant or singing butterfly or rocked him in his carrier with one hand and ate with the other until he fell asleep half way through our meal. I'm not sure that we'll be taking him out to eat a lot but at least now we know we can do it. We are blessed to have great baby sitters (our parents) who are more than willing to take care of him while Will and I go out. Dinner with out Tripp is more enjoyable...we don't have to rush or keep him entertained.

2 comments:

Nicole Roberts said...

I remember those days...when they'd just sleep in their seat while you went out to dinner. We went out ALL the time when Walker was younger. NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE. :) He's just adorable, Tiffany!

Lauren said...

I love that pic! Its so much fun watching them coo and "talk".