John Brody's ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tripp's Birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Our Weekend

Our weekend began on Friday with a 2 month check up with the pediatrician. Tripp is growing like he should. He weighed 13lbs. 7oz. and was 23 3/4 inches long. He had to get his first round of immunization shots. Ouch! I think it's easier to get the shots myself! He was crying so much that it made me want to cry! We went straight to CVS to buy baby Tylenol. When we got home Tripp and I packed up to go to the mountains with my parents and Heidi. Will and Annie stayed home to go small game hunting. Tripp didn't feel well on our drive to the mountains. Let me just say that there was a 30 minute interval in the drive where we (Daddy and I) were wondering if there was anything that could calm Tripp down. Rough! Once we got to the the house all was better. We had a great time in the mountains. Tripp saw his first snow! He loved being in a T-shirt by the fire or bundled up outside in the snow. He's a happy camper anywhere as long as he's not hungry. He has continued to sleep through the night (at home or away in the mountains). When I say sleep through the night it is, for example, falling asleep around 10pm and not waking until 7 o'clock the next morning! It's fabulous! Tripp also enjoyed his bouncy seat more than he has ever enjoyed it before. I guess he's now old enough to see the dangling animals and move his body enough to make it bounce all by himself. (Before this I had to make it bounce.) Our weekend ended with a visit from one of my best friends from college, Danelle, and her mom. They got to meet Tripp and we got to have a long talk about babies and baby stuff. Tripp's girlfriend, Callie (Danelle's baby) is due on May 1st. It was great to be able to visit for awhile with them because we aren't able to see each other. Most of the time we're limited to phone calls.


Tripp out in the snow with Papa John.



Tripp smiles at Aunt Heidi.

2 comments:

Nicole Roberts said...

These pics are so cute! The shots are horrid...and believe it or not, it only gets worse with time and they start to understand. :( Give him tylenol ahead of time next time and it will help some. Miss you!

Allison said...

I love his smile!! It's perfect! I'm glad that he's such a good sleeper too! That's wonderful! I agree..do Tylonel first next time (or at the office RIGHT after they take his temp) that way it'll have a little go as you're waiting for the nurse to actually do the shots. I love the updates!!